Cornwall and South West England have a long maritime history and have been at the forefront of marine engineering for centuries.
Today, companies are providing the skills and expertise needed to design, test and deploy marine energy technologies in challenging conditions.
As well as specialist renewable energy and technical consultancies, core strengths include:
- Renewables resource and investment appraisal
- Offshore surveying
- Marine operations planning and design
- Front-end engineering design
- Mooring and foundation design
- Cable connectors and cable routing design
- Offshore and subsea engineering and installation project management
- Naval architecture and marine sciences
- Electrical and hydraulic components
- Technical due diligence
See below to download a full supply chain directory for the South West.
The region boasts a wide variety of port infrastructure available to support the development, manufacture, installation and ongoing operation and maintenance of offshore marine energy projects.
An added advantage is the proximity of these ports to concentrations of research and supply chain expertise, creating an efficient and cost-effective environment in which to operate.
See below to download full details of the region’s port infrastructure in the South West Marine Energy Park prospectus.
The South West has a unique advantage. It has extremely viable energy resource close to excellent grid and port infrastructure, research facilities and vital supply chain companies.